onLoad="window.onresize=new Function('if (navigator.appVersion==\'Netscape\') history.go(0);');">
Independent Contractor Agreement
Larry and Diane Scanlon. Larry is our Manager/Associate Broker. Diane is our Referral Coordinator. Call them at 989-350-7997.
OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT. CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TO SIGN UP!
Lawrence J. Scanlon ... Manager & Associate Broker.
E-mail at: email@example.com
Diane M. Scanlon ... Referral Coordinator.
REFERRALS NORTH LLC
884 N. Center Ave.
PO BOX 2096
Gaylord, MI 49734
Phone: 989-350-7997, Fax: 989-732-1189
REFERRALS NORTH L.L.C.
SALESPERSON/ENROLLEE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
THIS AGREEMENT, made this day __________ of _______________, 2007, by and between REFERRALS NORTH L.L.C., a Michigan limited liability company ("Broker"), and ______________________ ("Salesperson/Enrollee"):
1. Broker is engaged in business as a real estate referral and license holding limited liability company. The office for said limited liability company is located in the City of Gaylord, County of Otsego, State of Michigan. The Broker is duly licensed by the State of Michigan and is fully qualified to hold Salesperson/Enrollee’s real estate license and to submit referrals on Salesperson/Enrollee’s behalf.
2. Salesperson/Enrollee is not actively engaged in the principal vocation of real estate transactions as defined within the applicable provisions of the Michigan real estate licensing statutes, including Act 306 Public Acts of 1969, as amended, and Act 299 Public Acts of 1980, as amended, and the rules and regulations of the Department of Licensing and Regulations, Board of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons, including MAR 339.22101 through 339.33607 (“licensing statutes and regulations”).
3. Salesperson/Enrollee wishes to enter into an agreement with Broker to allow Salesperson/Enrollee to be licensed to the Broker and it is deemed to be to the mutual advantage of Broker and Salesperson/Enrollee to be bound by the terms and condition of this Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained in this agreement, the parties agree as follows:
1. Broker shall license Salesperson/Enrollee for purposes of the licensing statutes and regulations.
2. There is no fixed or minimum term to this agreement. In consideration of his/her enrollment, the Salesperson/Enrollee recognizes that he/she is serving solely at the will of the Broker and that his/her enrollment can be terminated by the Broker, with or without cause, at any time, with or without notice from the Broker.
3. Salesperson/Enrollee shall pay the cost for the license transfer to the State of Michigan and shall also pay to Broker a $35 annual administration fee on or before November 30th. Salesperson/Enrollee’s license will be returned to the State of Michigan on December 1st in the event of Salesperson/Enrollee’s nonpayment of the administration fee. This fee will be waived if Salesperson/Enrollee earns a commission check from the Broker in the current calendar year.
4. It is expressly agreed and understood between the parties that Salesperson/Enrollee, in the performance of his/her services hereunder, is not to be treated or otherwise considered as an employee of the Broker, with respect to such services, for federal tax purposes or any other tax purposes. It is further agreed and understood between the parties that the Broker will not withhold or pay over on behalf of the Salesperson/Enrollee any amounts relating to federal, state and local income taxes, unemployment compensation, workers' compensation or any other employer liability or responsibility. The Salesperson/Enrollee agrees and understands that he/she is totally responsible for the timely reporting and payment of all income taxes and other governmental liabilities resulting from the performance of his/her services hereunder, which responsibility is not borne nor shared by the Broker in any manner whatsoever.
5. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, Salesperson/Enrollee is free to render services for any other person, partnership, or corporation during the term of this Agreement.
6. The Broker shall not be liable to the Salesperson/Enrollee for any expenses or lawsuits incurred by him/her or for any of his/her acts, nor shall the Salesperson/Enrollee have any authority to bind the Broker by any promise or representation. Salesperson/Enrollee agrees to fully indemnify and hold Broker harmless from any claim for damages asserted against the Broker by reason of any act or omission by Salesperson/Enrollee. Such indemnification includes reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and any other expenses incurred by Broker in defense of any such claim. Further, Salesperson/Enrollee acknowledges that he/she and Broker are governed by the licensing statutes and regulations, which Salesperson/Enrollee agrees to comply with in all respects.
7. By signing this Agreement, Salesperson/Enrollee acknowledges his/her understanding and agreement that while this Agreement is in effect SALESPERSON/ENROLLEE MAY NOT BUY, SELL, OR RENT ANY REAL ESTATE, NOR SHALL SALESPERSON/ENROLLEE LIST FOR SALE, EXCHANGE, LEASE OR RENTAL, OR REPRESENT PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR SELLERS IN THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF REAL ESTATE, OR ENGAGE IN THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, except as to that real estate actually owned or being purchased by Salesperson/Enrollee in the State of Michigan. Salesperson/Enrollee also agrees that he/she will not, under any circumstance whatsoever, hold himself/herself out as an actively licensed salesperson at any time while this Agreement is in effect. Salesperson/Enrollee shall act solely as a referring agent to the Broker. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of this Agreement by the Broker and return of Salesperson/Enrollee’s license to the State of Michigan.
8. Salesperson/Enrollee acknowledges that he/she fully understands that the Broker’s Referral Agreement must be completed for each referral transaction so that the Broker may properly process and submit each referral. No commission will be paid to Salesperson/Enrollee unless Salesperson/Enrollee has provided Broker with a fully completed and signed Referral Agreement.
9. This Agreement does not create a partnership relationship. Salesperson/Enrollee does not have the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of Broker.
10. All communications required to be given to Broker under this Agreement shall be sent via _________________ [first class mail, certified mail, facsimile, etc.] to Broker’s address of 884 N. Center, Box 2096, Gaylord, MI 49734.
11. This is the entire agreement between the Broker and Salesperson/Enrollee and this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
Acknowledged and agreed by: REFERRALS NORTH, LLC
|Home | Independent Contractor Agreement |Referral Form | Contact Us|